2015 Anza Borrego Peninsular Desert Big Horn Sheep Count

infidel

I apologize for the late notice. However, if you don't have any plans for the July 4th weekend this may be your cup of beans.

More info here:

http://theabf.org/2015-sheep-count-orientation

Attachments

• IMG_9425.JPG
    IMG_9425.JPG
    296.9 KB · Views: 34
2 full days of glassing at big spring has only yelled a fox and a couple Hawks. Group below us logged 29 sheep the first day. Water is underground the high has been 106*. Hopefully tomorrow they decide to come into the upper canyon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c82c002546b7b876272b5dd40f55fb6c.jpg

One of the funnest things I've done is the sheep surveys and water/guzzler restoration work in the Orocopia's.......The trail cams really do tell the story about the amount of wildlife that live in this arid country.

Attachments

• trail cam desert 882.JPG
    trail cam desert 882.JPG
    325.6 KB · Views: 24
  • trail cam desert 3462.JPG
    trail cam desert 3462.JPG
    432.2 KB · Views: 21
  • trail cam desert 3526.JPG
    trail cam desert 3526.JPG
    330.2 KB · Views: 21
  • trail cam desert 3340.JPG
    trail cam desert 3340.JPG
    423.8 KB · Views: 22
  • trail cam desert 2568.JPG
    trail cam desert 2568.JPG
    215 KB · Views: 19
  • trail cam desert 2352.JPG
    trail cam desert 2352.JPG
    344.7 KB · Views: 20
  • trail cam desert 2109.JPG
    trail cam desert 2109.JPG
    525.7 KB · Views: 20
  • trail cam desert 1474.JPG
    trail cam desert 1474.JPG
    221.1 KB · Views: 20
ilovesprig said:
One of the funniest things I've done is the sheep surveys and water/guzzler restoration work in the Orocopia's.......The trail cams really do tell the story about the amount of wildlife that live in this arid country.

Well those are some rad trail cam pics!

Yes the survey was pretty amusing. I have a very interesting couple of volunteers at my site aswell. Would have like to see some more hunters out there representing. Final report should be released early tomorrow am.

Thanks for posting this opportunity and for keeping us on SCH in the loop Infidel!

Infidel,
I'd be interested in helping next year, though Fourth of July weekend isn't ideal. Is it always first weekend inJuly?

SurfNHuntSD said:
Don, I was thinking the same. I'm interested but the July 4 weekend is usually tough to swing.
Jason, maybe we can try to coordinate an SCH contingent to help with next year's count depending on when it is.

Gents unfortunately yes it's been taking place on this weekend for 45 years now. It work out mainly because it's on average the hottest weekend with the least amount of park visitors due to the heat. Also, most people get an extra day or two off which allow for a 3 day event. I will be trying to make it next year as well.

If your interested in helping count sheep there is a sheep count in the San Gabriel Mtns The beginning of March every year.

NBK said:
Thanks for posting this opportunity and for keeping us on SCH in the loop Infidel!

No problem maybe next year we can get some more glass down there!

infidel said:
No problem maybe next year we can get some more glass down there
Well Infidel I'm interested to represent SC hunters in the count as long as I'm not traveling. With enough notice I should be able to swing one or both. Please keep me in mind for both weekends next year.

Lungpopper said:
Any idea of the sheep count numbers for previous years?

http://theabf.org/44th-annual-anza-borrego-bighorn-sheep-count

Bonejour said:
infidel said:
No problem maybe next year we can get some more glass down there
Well Infidel I'm interested to represent SC hunters in the count as long as I'm not traveling. With enough notice I should be able to swing one or both. Please keep me in mind for both weekends next year.

I'll definitely keep everyone in mind for future counts.

Back