2015 bass fishing

Nick,

Great fish......I know that lake...... ;)

As far as smb vs lmb.......I'll still take the stronger largemouth...... ;D

ps.....Neither can hold a candle to calicos on the wall....... ;)

nicapopolis said:
P.s. I have heard Cuyamaca has a healthy SMB population. Much truth to that?
Cuyamaca used to have a small population but I haven't heard of one being caught in the last 3 years. One of my friends dads Is up their nearly every day from the first trout stock of the year Til April trout fishing and he hasn't seen anyone catch a smallie in a long time

Nice bass D16! Here are some L.A. area bass most taken from shore.

Attachments

• IMG_0023.jpg
    IMG_0023.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_1764.jpg
    IMG_1764.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0745.jpg
    IMG_0745.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1489.jpg
    IMG_1489.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1847.jpg
    IMG_1847.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 117
498a9740ca4062596e7ec97bba139b15.jpg
742d6a9ddd1e69f2f53926dcee5ec479.jpg

So I caught all 3 species of bass at havasu this trip. We saw stripers boiling today while waterskiing and had to stop for a few and we got 3. I got 2 and my dad caught one. We caught all the fish throwing a 1/4 ounce swimbait on the surface casting to boiling fish as if we were fishing for yellowtail. My only regret about it is my grandpa was running the boat and refused to let me and my dad fish any longer after I caught my second. Everyone was just to excited to waterski.

Here is one from last night.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1435936960181.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1435936960181.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 26
Beauty, Nick...........Didn't know there were any lakes around here that allowed night fishing.......... ;)

ilovesprig said:
Beauty, Nick...........Didn't know there were any lakes around here that allowed night fishing.......... ;)
The fishing was tough Stevo. Probably not for lack of fish, but logistics. Weed growth is tough to fish anything. I was literally getting the boat stuck in grass mats. Spent more time freeing the boat than fishing.

The morning topwater bite here has been nothing short of epic.

Tough sleddin' at El Cap........The marks were deep, but the 3 fish caught were up tight..... Pretty typical for "rats"....... ;)

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    652.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    710.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    491.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    717.9 KB · Views: 19
4883d7481c34457fdf8baadea5b3bb1d.jpg

All the fish I've caught lately have been this size. Looking for a monster tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ilovesprig said:
Luke,

I could use me some nighttime bassin'........But I just can't run like I used too........ :D
Lol camo and not moving can be a better option in some situations. Even with a light most people can't see a thing in the dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve, one of the birds in the middle look like it might have a band. I couldn't blow it up enough on my phone to tell for sure.

Fishing the electronics can be extremely frustrating. Those fish up shallow and tight keep me sane at times.

nicapopolis said:
Steve, one of the birds in the middle look like it might have a band. I couldn't blow it up enough on my phone to tell for sure.

Fishing the electronics can be extremely frustrating. Those fish up shallow and tight keep me sane at times.

Amen Nick.........Just tough conditions overall. The weeds on the shores are not just mats, but the slimy green stuff. Can't even get a Senko thru it.......Cal got a drop shot fish. Which I thought would be technique of choice. Both my fish came on Skinny Senkos.......Tons of shad & baby bass.

Sweet, I recently caught my first bass after months of trying on June 6, been getting them on everything now. I'll try to post pics of them and some koi/carp I catch.

Chris K said:
Sweet, I recently caught my first bass after months of trying on June 6, been getting them on everything now. I'll try to post pics of them and some koi/carp I catch.
That's great Chris. You've got the bug! Post some pics when you can.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu