2015 yellowtail/tuna

D16hunter

I'm gonna go out on the ocean so much this year that I figured I'd post all the pictures here. My dad stuck one on da iron yesterday that should have been mine. We rolled up to a kelp patty saw a good one on it backed off a bit and started casting. I got a really bad backlash and my dad said here let me fix that and hands me his rod to use. Once he got it out he started telling a story about how in NorCal he told me to hand him my rod and he caught a giant red rock cod giving me a demonstration on how to bounce an iron for rock fish. Half way thru the story he says how funny would it be if I if your jig got destroyed right now. I kid you not a second later he got hit by a 23lber. 5 Minutes and one missed gaff attempt later we got him in the boat. My dads buddy also got a small yellow on the same patty maybe 3lbs lol the smallest I'd ever seen speared.
1a62752514908ecd24887d8b4325ed33.jpg
also this picture was taken a few hours after it was caught so it looks ugly as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And for the record before any one says yellowtail isn't a kind of tuna I know. I just made this thread to share pictures of saltwater catches that are yellowtail/Tuna/dorado

ilovesprig said:
Great story Luke........That's what you get for handing off YOUR backlash to your dad....... :D
Hey I didn't offer it to him he grabbed it out of my hands lol

Back