22LR - For Kids

JakeSCH

Oct 16, 2017
Hey all!

I want to pick up a little 22LR for the kids to practice, especially as we move into our new gig that has a ton of space. Any recommendations?

Also, I am thinking about picking up some sub-sonic 22 LR with it...any hesitations over that vs a pellet gun? I am thinking about the tikka tx1 because I like the idea of them having a bolt over a semi-auto (for my own sanity when teaching them gun safety).

Thanks!

Cz 455 is quiet enough using cci subsonics. Accurate as hell. I dont know the price of a Tikka though.
No recoil. I have an RWS Diana48 and it kicks... besides, cocking that springer gives you a work out...

Cz 455 is quiet enough using cci subsonics. Accurate as hell. I dont know the price of a Tikka though.
No recoil. I have an RWS Diana48 and it kicks... besides, cocking that springer gives you a work out...have you thought about going with a 17HMR?

Been looking for a .22 for my daughter to start shooting also. She had fun at the archery range today and wants to go shooting.

I just remember that South Bay Rod and Gun Club has a program where they teach kids to shoot. They have loaner rifles. It is a good program.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu