22LR - For Kids

JakeSCH

Hey all!

I want to pick up a little 22LR for the kids to practice, especially as we move into our new gig that has a ton of space. Any recommendations?

Also, I am thinking about picking up some sub-sonic 22 LR with it...any hesitations over that vs a pellet gun? I am thinking about the tikka tx1 because I like the idea of them having a bolt over a semi-auto (for my own sanity when teaching them gun safety).

Thanks!

Cz 455 is quiet enough using cci subsonics. Accurate as hell. I dont know the price of a Tikka though.
No recoil. I have an RWS Diana48 and it kicks... besides, cocking that springer gives you a work out...

Cz 455 is quiet enough using cci subsonics. Accurate as hell. I dont know the price of a Tikka though.
No recoil. I have an RWS Diana48 and it kicks... besides, cocking that springer gives you a work out...have you thought about going with a 17HMR?

Been looking for a .22 for my daughter to start shooting also. She had fun at the archery range today and wants to go shooting.

I just remember that South Bay Rod and Gun Club has a program where they teach kids to shoot. They have loaner rifles. It is a good program.

Back