5.56 Ban

A lot of pub on Fox tonight.........The appeals are already in the works.........POS is an understatement!

Baldkrash said:
Does anyone have a handgun they shoot 5.56 out of? I've never even heard of that.
I've seen a couple AR pistols at the range before but I can't imagine they're popular enough for this to make sense (not that anything Obama does make sense). Let alone criminals using them to commit crimes. Here goes the buying frenzy on 5.56...

I believe most handguns chambered in .223/5.56 are typically single shot platforms.

OK for some of you young people , here it is . it is illegal for the president to make laws, it is unconstitutional.
only congress can make laws. the executive branch is only to enforce those laws. he is basically going around
congress, & the NRA, by passing congress it is illegal. study the constitution , done.

Ghost said:
OK for some of you young people , here it is . it is illegal for the president to make laws, it is unconstitutional.
only congress can make laws. the executive branch is only to enforce those laws. he is basically going around
congress, & the NRA, by passing congress it is illegal. study the constitution , done.

Amen Brother

correct and thank god he cant.....

This stuff is a ATF thing and not a obama thing. The ATF is always looking for new ways to cut into our fun. They do not make laws either but they can arrest based on how they interpret the law. Then you go and the court decides on if the ATF was correct in their interpretation... what could go wrong :(

bad deal for sure. look at the stuff with the 80% lowers. there is not such thing as a 80% lower just a lower that they do not view as a gun. Now if they all the sudden decide to view 80% lowers as guns. Bam you get arrested and trust your faith to the courts. its a bloody mess for sure and in need of clear rules and definitions. I also want a unicorn and cotton candy farts

If I am correct on this the .223/5.56 was and is a Rifle cartridge from initial development, I don't think it was ever intended as a handgun cartridge just need to confirm. Does anybody know who designed the round? Where does this end ? before you know it they will be banning the .458 Lott pistol cartridge OOHHHH wait there is no such thing.

Ar 15 bullet ban

Saw this on my new feed today
http://finance.yahoo.com/video/obama-using-executive-act

Re: Ar 15 bullet ban

Point being we don't need 2 threads about it I would imagine. It's been discused and many valid points have been presented. At risk of repeating myself. It's by no means all "ar15 " ammo nor is it even all 556nato ammo. It's only a very small portion of 556 the m855. I'm just saying lets not blindly believe the media hype. Let's understand what is really going on. I mean really many walmarts sold out of all 223 and 556 that as not even effected. Lets not get over crazy on something with out really reading and inderstanding what was done. And all if this is already on another thread

Re: Ar 15 bullet ban

I read the thread last week. I thought the former judge's view on what the administration was trying to do was interesting. The last thread didn't include any legal points of view.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu