5 yards

Halety

Oct 28, 2013
This little yote came in from behind me and stared me down at 5 yards. Couldn't get my rifle to my shooting shoulder. So I got the rifle about half way to my opposite cheek and fired. Wish I had my bow! Could have had my first kill with my new bow, and my first yote with a bow. Next time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 32
very nice little yote. Nice rifle BTW Ive been thinking of putting a cope on my old 300 savage model 99 lever gun. What general part of cali did you get him in. I took the son out on friday and dint see anything

Got her in Ventura county. Came right in to a primos bob cat call. Either the the yotes eat bobcats on the mountain I hunt. Or my bobcat call sounds like a rabbit. But it's been working for dogs. Didnt get one cat last year. So I'm guess user error.

Lungpopper, I think I know some kin folk of yours up here in Ventura. Austin? He's dating my fiancé's sister.

Halety said:
Lungpopper, I think I know some kin folk of yours up here in Ventura. Austin? He's dating my fiancé's sister.

That's what I heard. You're going to have to get him converted over to hunting. Might be tough, he has the fishing bug bad.

I'm gonna try. He knows I have access to some pretty good private land. He just needs to get that license. And get some practice in on my extra bow. Arrows only

Nice kill, nice story, beautiful rifle. Trifecta. 8)

Sent via Tapatalk

I swear! If not closer! Seemed like I could have reached out and poked her with the tip of my rifle. Other then get stormed by 6 deer after killing my archery buck last year,( Does and bucks walking circles around me while stomping and blowing. I asume all being pissed off cause I arrowed their leader? Weird! ) it was my closest hunting encounter ever! Good 20 second stair down! Good times and memory

That must of been a rush, to have that yote so close... Good kill

Halety said:
I'm gonna try. He knows I have access to some pretty good private land. He just needs to get that license. And get some practice in on my extra bow. Arrows only

You may want to have him sign a contract to stay out of your spots. Once he gets started he will be killing everything in sight.
(he gets that from me of course) :D

Got one more today. Another one falls to the cat call. Defiantly not a close encounter. 153 yards with the .22. His nose was the first thing to hit the dirt. Stoned it. Sorry no pic. Couldnt bushwhack a trail to get to it. One less fawn killer on the hill.

How much time left in the contest Sdbirds. I'll have to do some work to catch up.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu