6.5 BC by vortex

I don’t know loading and people hate the 6.5.... she real nice to me, it’s my favorite.

It would have been much easier to just get a 6.5 PRC, same performance in a standard cartridge...but i guess than you wouldn't have the unique name.

I want one.
Started with a 338 for elk courtesy of NBK and it is any angle pass through the body caliber with the right bullet as I have expereinced with a couple of friends in years past when I backed up their bad shot's with a Texas heart shot and stopped the animals in retreat. That being said you can't go wrong and I still own mine but have gone back to the 7 mag for the lower 48. If you intend to go to Alaska and hunt and want something that will put the wood to a grizzly in a bad situatiion you can't go wrong with a 338 with big bullets. You can truly walk the world with that caliber and not need anything more.

I developed a 338 rem ultra mag load for a friend a few years ago and it was a punisher on the bench, Granted I shot sixty plus rounds to bring the load to fruition but I ended up with a purple shoulder using a lead sled and had to get the owner to finish the testing because I was flinching like a beaten puppy everytime I squeezed the trigger.

Listening to your podcast. Sounds like the Creed worked just fine on your Coues.
Pretty sure a deer wouldn’t know the difference from a 6.5 to a 30 cal.
Haha - coming from a guy who exclusively shot a 338 at everything for years and now shoots a 30 Nosler and a 7 Rem Mag!

Haha - coming from a guy who exclusively shot a 338 at everything for years and now shoots a 30 Nosler and a 7 Rem
Haha - coming from a guy who exclusively shot a 338 at everything for years and now shoots a 30 Nosler and a 7 Rem Mag!
Still stand by the words that the deer don’t know the difference between a 6.5 caliber or a 30 caliber.
The main reason I shoot the 7 mag is because the gun weighs 6 pounds 14 ounces complete. “GIVE” me a different caliber gun that weighs less and is accurate. I’ll make the switch

Me too. I have been shooting the .260 for along time. I totally get it. Laser beam, good penetration and no recoil. It's about as perfect as it gets on medium sized game.

I don't know, I think the PRC or the SAUM are a bit more perfect on the medium size game. Lol

but your light weight 280ai probably tops them all.

Reactions: NBK
Back