7/13 IV Report - it was a dry heat

WaterDawg

Nov 20, 2016
Had a job in eastern SD County so I brought the shooters and planned to go down the hill afterwards. 107 degrees at 3 pm when I hit the valley floor, yikes. Fortunately the first spot I checked was good to go with ECDs. And a big SHADE tree! Despite my rusty shooting I bagged around 20 with my Berretta 12 before heading to Brawley and checking into a room.
IMG_1594.JPG

Then I went to a local spot with my air rifle and bagged a couple of rabbits. There were lots of little bunnies, looks like there was a good hatch.
IMG_1595.JPG

Having missed more bunnies than I bagged, it was windy (my excuse) I went back to the spot in the morning and got three more but forgot pics.

Before heading back to the OC I stopped at the Euro spot again for another nine birds.

The heat is a killer but there seemed to be more wildlife than in the last two summers. Rabbits, doves, quail, tons of those little sparrow hawks that look like doves when they're coming in hot. All good signs imo.

Good luck!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu