A-22 success!!

Srfnkill

Last Saturday I had a nice buck come in. He gave me a walking broadside shot at 35 yards. I anchored my pin and released my arrow and I watched the buck duck as my arrow went just over his back. He ran a few yards and stopped giving me a 40 shot. I put my pin low on his body and released. He ducked again as I watched my arrow sail just under him this time! After it was all over I re-ranged the distance and he was 45 yards... Oh well.. thats archery right? I went back Sunday and had a few doe and fawns play around for a while. All week that buck haunted me. I couldn't wait to get back in the stand.

This Saturday I got in my stand and was excited. At 7:15 I hear leaves and branches breaking. I look up and here comes the same buck on the same trail. I stand and raise my bow. This time he turned right and came right to me. I hit full draw and with a slight grunt I stopped him at 30 yards. I picked my spot and released my arrow. I watched the VPA hit him just a tad higher then I aimed but I knew it was a done deal. I waited a few minutes before I climbed down and retrieved my arrow. It had good blood on it. Wanting to give him time to pass I made the 20 minute hike back to my truck and dropped off some gear to make my pack lighter. I nervously but excitedly made my way back to my stand and started looking. I thought I knew where he would run so I started that way. I made my way into a clearing and there he was laying in the middle of it. He only made it about 80 yards.

He was decent buck with a big body and tons of fat. I quartered him out and tossed it all on my pack and headed home. Reliving the whole day made the pack out easy even with 105lbs on my back.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 403
  • Surf.jpg
    Surf.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 411
Congrats - nice job and a good story!

Nice job Sammy! Was wondering if you were gonna be in the same area as last year, looks like you found another area that worked out for you! :)

Back