I hunt a lot
Nov 17, 2012
Taft
Story to come later!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416597726.226676.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416597726.226676.jpg
    462.8 KB · Views: 60
Well not much of a story. Decided to road hunt today, cause the normal hike in spot was socked in with fog. My buddy missed this doe at 45 yards (doe fever) then the deer presented him with another shot and he slocked it, and it went about 20 yards and was done. We drug it to the truck and headed home. Not a bad day to ditch some classes! This was his first big game now kill.

Also went back up tonight, I almost got a shot at a buck at 60 yards, but he busted and took off. Same with 2 does!

Opening day I missed a buck at 60 (buck fever)

Right now I'm gonna slock anything legal! Headed up in the morning..

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416622037.236024.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416622037.236024.jpg
    382.3 KB · Views: 44
Thanks guys, my buddy is stoked! He's catching up on me for deer kills, this is his 5th deer already! All Cali public land..

Report for today- we saw 6 deer, I got to close range of a forky today, but range finder wouldn't work, by the time it started to work he was already running. But he was stopped at around 50 yards when I was trying to range him. The other 5 deer were does, but we couldn't get on em cause the brush was too thick.

SoCalRebelHunter said:
Nice "slocking" youngsters! I guess this means I'm getting old and uncool...

+1... hoping it's a typo ;D

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu