A-32 hunting partner?

ktkheatsfan

Sep 25, 2013
Hi all my brother and I are new to hunting and I have done some scouting on google earth and have talked to a few people about a couple hunting areas in A-32 and am wondering if someone that knows more about hunting in A-32 if you'd be willing to take me and my brother hunting there we are willing to share the meat we get if we get a deer. We are going out their November 22nd and 23rd. Thanks for your time and good luck to all those who still have a tag to fill!

It is a lot different when you get out there after scouting on Google Earth. You can not see fine details on google earth like DEER SIGN. I would suggest to get out to the actual spot you are looking at and actually scout it first hand. This way you are prepared for what you are up against when you are ready to lay it down!!!

Ya I figured that'd be the case I wasn't to sure if google earth would necessarily show you a deer standing somewhere but I have found a couple stop I'd like to try! I know just from being on this site hunting is pretty much about scouting. I am scouting on google earth cause I don't have the extra money to go scout it out but that's not going to stop me from giving it my all when we go out their! Also just going out their I'd think would make me more familiar the place and next time I go out their I'd have a better game plan. Thanks for your advice!

It often takes a few visits on foot to get a sense of an area. I use topos to find water sources, edges, ridges and saddles, and sometimes you can even see (very well traveled) game trails on aerial shots. But to know where the animals are right now, you need to look for fresh sign on foot. For example I hunted a new area yesterday afternoon. I'd seen good trails on aerial shots, and found a promising area where trails appeared to converge from south and east. But with the drought the animals in that area seem to be spread out. It took me till dusk to locate recently used trails and follow them for a bit. By that time I was running out of light so I'll have to go back. That's the way it goes.

Ya I know it's going to be a challenge to get to know an area well but I say if you don't put fourth a lot of effort like I am expecting its going to take then why even be a hunter. I have a friend that loves to get my info on where I am going out scouting and when he goes out he won't give me any info where he goes so I keep my info to myself now. I don't mind helping those that help me but he's all for himself. I love the adventure and looking at nature I have a blast when going out! If I come away with any game I think that's make my trip more enjoyable but I always have a blast and know if I am dedicated my time will soon come! Thanks for your advice I will check my things and see what I can go buy!

Google earth is definetly a good way to see roads and trails and can give you an idea of the terrain too. I think its actually bad ass!!! As a starting point before you get boots on the ground.

Yeah I definitely think it's pretty awesome myself! It really gave me an idea of the type of terrain and brush I am going to be going through.

Google Earth is definitely your friend, but being able to read a mountain or area will be one of the keys to your success......There is no substitute for experience. And that means walking, scouting, and just plain old hunting......Good luck

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu