A clean miss

I would tell you don't let it eat you alive but I would be a hypocrite I hate missing way more than I love connecting. Keep after him and put him in the cross hairs next month. Pretty funny how some antlers get in front of us and all of a sudden we turn to jello.
X2 well said Drew

I would tell you don't let it eat you alive but I would be a hypocrite I hate missing way more than I love connecting. Keep after him and put him in the cross hairs next month. Pretty funny how some antlers get in front of us and all of a sudden we turn to jello.

So true Truduct! And thanks I will get over it but your right to it’s funny how a big buck turns us into a bowl of jello!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So true Truduct! And thanks I will get over it but your right to it’s funny how a big buck turns us into a bowl of jello!

I have had my fair share of misses.
Mostly with a bow.
Very rarely with a rifle.
But I totally agree with Drew.
Don't let it work on ya.
That's why I started to setup targets
On un even terrain.
At uneven distance.
Longbow

Reactions: msailor
I have had my fair share of misses.
Mostly with a bow.
Very rarely with a rifle.
But I totally agree with Drew.
Don't let it work on ya.
That's why I started to setup targets
On un even terrain.
At uneven distance.
Longbow

Thanks longbow I will set up some targets that way!

Great right up! Sorry to hear that you missed. Talk about an adrenaline rush. Keep at it cause your obviously in good buck country. What kind of range finder you using? If it doesn't have angle compensation (ex: TBR, ARC, and others depending on brand) than that should be your next purchase. That is a crucial piece of archery equipment. You can have the best bow in the world but if your rangefinders no good than your bow is nothing but a good way to wound an animal. Range finders can also lose there calibration if they're dropped. Compare it side by side with a friends rangefinder.

Josh

Great right up! Sorry to hear that you missed. Talk about an adrenaline rush. Keep at it cause your obviously in good buck country. What kind of range finder you using? If it doesn't have angle compensation (ex: TBR, ARC, and others depending on brand) than that should be your next purchase. That is a crucial piece of archery equipment. You can have the best bow in the world but if your rangefinders no good than your bow is nothing but a good way to wound an animal. Range finders can also lose there calibration if they're dropped. Compare it side by side with a friends rangefinder.

Josh

Thanks Josh! Definitely need to upgrade my range finder as it does it have angle compensation. Off the top of my head I don’t remember the brand name. Going over it a hundred times I think I ranged the green bush in front of him. I will be better prepared next time.

Matt

Reactions: longbowhunter2

Josh
An other good point @TDG.
I purchased two range finder and
It is a must it ranges the same distance. I am limited by my pocket
Book. I would prefer top of the line
LB

Reactions: msailor

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu