A22 Archery Report

Over the weekend, I thought about going up to the Laguna's, but figured the place would be over-run with bow-dudes, day hikers and mountain bikers...the typical weekend scenario I usually see. So I went to one of my old haunts, near Lake Morena instead.

I had a good wind to sit ~30 yards off a main trail, watching a little 200 yard long brushy valley. I got quickly settled and in 15 minutes, and had a doe run in, hit the brakes at 50 yards, flip around and ran back where she came from. 10 minutes later, I see a coyote emerge from a pile of rocks and bushes, exactly where she was looking when she stopped. The doe must have gotten a snoot-full of the mutt. I stalked up on the dog, launched a tube, but missed. I found my arrow, no blood but thrashed my broadhead on the rock. No other action the rest of the day. FnG drove up on my rig when I was packing it in. Really nice guy, just doing his job.

Anyone else getting out for A22 ?

Nope but while chasing pigeons this morning I saw plenty of does and then a tall forky prancing by the road near Henshaw Cafe around 11am.. seems the boys are still after girls. Go stick one

Nope but while chasing pigeons this morning I saw plenty of does and then a tall forky prancing by the road near Henshaw Cafe around 11am.. seems the boys are still after girls. Go stick one

Jason,

Josh (Flydown Custom Calls) missed one a couple of days ago on MCC.....Bummer..... :confused:

Back