A31 during Archery season?

MarceloF

Jun 2, 2017
Hey guys, i've been doing some searching online and could not find the answer to my question...

I have an A31 tag, do I have to wait until its starting date to bow hunt or can I use it during archery season as long as I try to get a buck?

Thanks, Marcelo

Hey guys, i've been doing some searching online and could not find the answer to my question...

I have an A31 tag, do I have to wait until its starting date to bow hunt or can I use it during archery season as long as I try to get a buck?

Thanks, Marcelo
Tags are very specific.
According to the regs you should wait til Sept 28.

Hi Marcelo
Man to better read brother.
Click on the link, open up
Other archery specific archery hunts 2019

Longbow, I did read that part prior to posting.
I also did a lot of reading/searching on the web and that question has not been asked or mentioned anywhere I looked.
I also called "DFG" but it is the weekend so I got recorded messages only.
I got curious if it was possible to use it prior to the 28th if targeting bucks only and that is way I decided to check with you guys if anyone knew that answer...
Looks like I have to wait a couple more weeks, no problem, more time to practice.
Thanks, Marcelo

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Longbow, I did read that part prior to posting.
I also did a lot of reading/searching on the web and that question has not been asked or mentioned anywhere I looked.
I also called "DFG" but it is the weekend so I got recorded messages only.
I got curious if it was possible to use it prior to the 28th if targeting bucks only and that is way I decided to check with you guys if anyone knew that answer...
Looks like I have to wait a couple more weeks, no problem, more time to practice.
Thanks, Marcelo
no worries bro, good ask then verify, never take any thing for granted.. but LP knows his stuff

Reactions: ilovesprig
if the general archery for D13 is opened , the answer is yes .. go to the same link I gave you and look it up and make sure , good look to you bro

I do have a D13 tag.... “ARCHERY SEASON IS NOW” and general starts October 12.

Are you saying that I can archery hunt now with the D13 tag?

Yes archery opened yesterday for D13.
It’s really important to read and understand the regs. If you are having problems with the dates.
What else are you missing?
Not trying to be a jerk. Understanding the regs could potentially save you some time, money, even your rights to hunt.

Reactions: Kellendv
Yes archery opened yesterday for D13.
It’s really important to read and understand the regs. If you are having problems with the dates.
What else are you missing?
Not trying to be a jerk. Understanding the regs could potentially save you some time, money, even your rights to hunt.

I was getting confused by the AO...why would someone get an AO tag if they could hunt archery during the archery and general season with a general tag.

I read the AO reg again and understood that it gives you access to other areas as well, not only the specific area like a D13 kind of tag. Correct?
Thanks for the help and patience guys.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu