Adventure Pass nixed for visitors who hike, bike into Southern California forest

It's a tax. I believe we are already paying taxes for said services. They could trim the fat in their departments ie get rid of the tree cops.
They'll just raise fees on camping.

sluester said:
It's a tax. I believe we are already paying taxes for said services. They could trim the fat in their departments ie get rid of the tree cops.

I completely agree. Our federal tax dollars should be covering these amenities.

Wiley, it's the priciple of it. People are pissed that big government nickel and dimes us to death. I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for a pass to park on the side of the road to go sit next to a tree to hunt or hike or bike.....

I read a while back that the Forestry Service was told by Congress that they could NOT charge people for using the forests, other than at certain areas like campgrounds and picnic areas that require maintenance, or something like that. They are in violation, and they're going to do everything they possibly can to keep trying to squeeze money out of the visitors to the forests. The forests belong to the people, not to the Forestry Service. If they don't have enough money to run it, they can lobby Congress, seek volunteers, or do fundraisers, or make the Adventure Pass system voluntary.

I'm bummed, though, 'cause I just bought a year pass on Friday :(

I've hunted those zones since I could drive and haven't ever bought one lol

Well Thank God, It is about time. I have always hated buying that stupid pass in fact I stopped buying them 2yrs ago.
The biggest problem is there are way too many dipping out of designated funds that are earmarked for other purposes and just add more taxes or fees to people to justify it.

sluester said:

It is a sham for sure...

I was under the impression the money from the adventure pass was their only revenue for maintenance and such...I stand corrected...

Well, that's 30 bucks I can use on something else! Thanks for posting and for the discussion.
8)

Sent via Tapatalk

Sdbirds said:
I've hunted those zones since I could drive and haven't ever bought one lol

You and me both brotha! Only place that sketches me out to not purchase one for is Dripping Springs off the 79. The camp host / forest service drives around a couple times a day checking for the day passes and it's a small area that you can't hide your truck in... or you gotta buy a camp ground. Just hope that everyone gets the message before we start getting randomly ticketed and have to go fight it.

Thanks for posting this. My pass expired last month and I was just about to buy a new one.

I'm torn between this cause I understand that portions of our federal tax is used for maintenance in the national forest. However I would have no problem paying $30 extra per year to improve the area that I hunt such as repairing paved forest roads, and also dirt roads (not just closing the access gates), cleaning up poaching and having more game wardens during our hunting seasons. Not only our federal taxes, and adventure passes, we pay a lot of money each year for our hunting license and tags which should also be used for forest improvement and fish planting in our lakes and streams. It could have been a good program if they used the funds the way they should have.

Sent from my iPhone

Has anyone heard any follow up news to this? Is the pass really done with? I tried Googling but couldn't find anything new since last year's ruling. My pass just expired this month and I don't wanna have to buy a new one if no need. $30 in beer money

Nobody who gets paid by the federal government is going to wave the magic finger at Judge Hatter. That would be unemployed and enjoying a stay in club fed.

I always buy 2, the second one is $5.00. Then I sell one to a buddy for $17.50.
Dripping springs and Big Bear seem to be sticklers, and it's posted on the trail heads in CNF, San Mateo Wilderness area. Cheap insurance for a good cause...hopefully.

I don't agree with needed one at all We do pay our taxes. I eish they usedth properly. But I still buy one. I may be a retard but like said above cheap insurance I buy 2 and keep one in each truck in case we take my wife's instead of mine

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu