Airgun rabbits

WaterDawg

I ended up in extreme north LA County on a job and rather than fight afternoon traffic home I parlayed my time into a cottontail hunt with my air gun. They were pretty thick in this area, a spot I discovered a few years ago. I walked a linear path near a creek bottom. I didn’t have my game vest on so each one I shot I laid on the trail to pick up on my way back (I’ve never seen another hunter in this spot). After I nailed number five i headed back to my car picking up my kill along the way, but number two was nowhere to be found? I searched all around but just a few drag marks where I left him. Some damn critter stole my game! I’m thinking skunk because there were a couple of roadkills in the vicinity.
82713B6C-5A1C-4EBD-84C6-D9A65AD36203.jpeg

I think that I should try that with my Diana 48, last spring I came across may rabits in an area I scouted for turkey. I will give it a try.
Airguns are a good choice on small game for several reasons
- no lead ammo restriction
- cheap ammo
- forces me to go slow and quiet, since I need to get pretty close to still game
- quiet report with muzzle break

Airguns are a good choice on small game for several reasons
- no lead ammo restriction
- cheap ammo
- forces me to go slow and quiet, since I need to get pretty close to still game
- quiet report with muzzle break
I have to work on some sort of silencer/noise supressor, my air rifle is a 22 cal and it makes more noise than my 22 rimfire rifle. Any suggestios will be appreciated

The Marauder is definitely a step up from the Disco and others. I went with the Disco because it felt much lighter, less bulky and easier to hunt with.
I bought my Diana 48 for two reasons. The first one was because it brought back good memories from when I was part of our high school target shooting team ( 35 years ago) and those were the rifles we used, second because I did not want to carry around a tank to fill up the reservoir of a pcp air gun. I might invest a few more bucks and buy myself a PCP next.
Money on guns is an investment, right? LOL
At least that what I tell my wife every time I come home with a new one. LOL

Back