Am I just too particular or are these folks just stupid?

fish dog

Apr 28, 2015
Johnson City, TN
Ok, here's the deal. I've been thinking about buying a small used travel trailer. I'm not gung-ho going for it, I'm just kicking tires right now. As I peruse the ads people post on Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, RV Trader, etc. I've noticed a somewhat high percentage (IMHO) of the ads with pictures of these trailers that, frankly, surprise me. Now it's not the majority of them by any stretch of the imagination, maybe as little as, say, 15% just by a guess but it just amazes me when I see these. The pictures I'm talking about are pictures of the interior of these trailers and they look like someone just got back from a l-o-n-g camping trip and were just too exhausted to clean up. There are dirty dishes in the sink, beds unmade, clothing strewn about, and trash sitting on the tables and counters. I mean, come on people, you're trying to see the damn thing. Why wouldn't you take a few minutes to tidy up the trailer before you snapped a couple pictures on your cell phone? I see stuff like that and the first thing I think is if they couldn't be bothered to clean up the thing for pictures how much of the maintenance has been blown off too?

(Edit: Just thought I'd throw in an example...)

45616111_10212587022047384_1215468477683335168_n.jpg

Last edited:
Agreed, odd way to entice buyers. Go on Zillow and you’ll find homes for sale with the same disgusting photos - not necessarily in so cal where everything costs a million bucks, but around the country. Interior photos with dirty kitchens and some dudes boxers on the bedroom floor. WTH??

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Because people: 1. Are dirty 2. Are lazy 3. Don't give a F. Oh and they probably still expect to get top dollar for that trailer!

When we bought our home years back you wouldn't believe the junk we saw that owners didn't think of putting away before showing the home.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Because people: 1. Are dirty 2. Are lazy 3. Don't give a F. Oh and they probably still expect to get top dollar for that trailer!

When we bought our home years back you wouldn't believe the junk we saw that owners didn't think of putting away before showing the home.

Yep! Same thing for me in Poway...except we got 80k off the asking price because no one else wanted to deal with it.

Reactions: ilovesprig
What it comes down to. Is terrible habits. Not cleaning up after themselves. That was same at work before i retired. No 5 or 6S there.
I can not live like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: msailor

Jason,

I few years back a friend of mine & his wife had a open house in RB. When they returned after. His wife started yelling from the back bathroom. She discovered someone left them a floater. 1,2,3 all apply!!!

Jason,

I few years back a friend of mine & his wife had a open house in RB. When they returned after. His wife started yelling from the back bathroom. She discovered someone left them a floater. 1,2,3 all apply!!!
Hahahaha Phil that is terrible. Maybe why they lock up the crappers nowadays in model homes

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu