Another 155 hammer load

Ofdscooby

Oct 28, 2018
Tried some 155’s in my 7mm mag. I didnt get the speed but Damnn I got the accuracy. Retumbo got me at 2910 with an SD of 2. I pushed it faster but the accuracy went away. IMG_7603.jpegThree shots at a hundred.

IMG_7623.jpeg
Three shots at 625.

I have had times when I thought I found a load one day at the range. Then I go load up some more to test them farther out and it turns out it may have been a fluke. Yesterday on the return trip I dialed up a minute to zero at 200 and put the first two shots through the same hole. Then I dialed up to 625 and let three fly.

Accuracy is the goal and speed is not everything. My guess is that any animal you shoot with that load will be just as dead as one that shoots 200 feet faster and you or the animal won't feel or know the difference except that you need to know the hold verticle wise.. I love speed but you gotta put it where it needs to be or it doesn't mean anything....

Reactions: Ofdscooby
I have 2 loads for my 7 Rem Mag.
145 LRX at 3130 and 162 ELDx at 3030.
Both are very accurate and both with Retumbo. Charges are hotter than what you are shooting.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu