Another day in D14

Baldkrash

IMG_0698.JPG Went to a completely different spot than last time. Found a nice high spot with tons of deer sign. I took everyone's advice and just sat still and glassed. About 30 minutes into it 3 does come walking up one of the game trails I was glassing. I was down wind and they had no idea I was there. After they went around a bend I tried to stalk them. They busted me, when I came around the bend they were staring right at me. Then out of no where a 4th doe showed. I tried following them for a while hoping a buck would be hanging around but then it got dark. I was excited to do all the things I have learned on this forum and actually see deer. Hopefully where there are does there will be bucks so I will keep at it.
I could only get two in the picture, it was hard taking a pic with my phone through my binoculars.

View attachment 28649 Went to a completely different spot than last time. Found a nice high spot with tons of deer sign. I took everyone's advice and just sat still and glassed. About 30 minutes into it 3 does come walking up one of the game trails I was glassing. I was down wind and they had no idea I was there. After they went around a bend I tried to stalk them. They busted me, when I came around the bend they were staring right at me. Then out of no where a 4th doe showed. I tried following them for a while hoping a buck would be hanging around but then it got dark. I was excited to do all the things I have learned on this forum and actually see deer. Hopefully where there are does there will be bucks so I will keep at it.
I could only get two in the picture, it was hard taking a pic with my phone through my binoculars.

Good job stay on them

I went yesterday in d14. I saw 3 deer. All 3 were bucks. The only one I could have shot was a spike. I spotted him bedded down around 10:30. Once I determined he was a spike I kept hiking. I wanted to check out this north facing hill. I figured Bucks would be bedded down on that side of the hill in the shade. I was right I saw two great bucks but both of them were running away from me. I kicked them up out of their beds. I was walking pretty slow and quietly but not quiet enough. Next time I will be doing still hunting and taking 30 second breaks in between steps and observing and listening. If I had been doing that I would probably have been able to kill one of those bucks. It was a really good learning hunt for me and I can't wait to get out again!

I went yesterday in d14. I saw 3 deer. All 3 were bucks. The only one I could have shot was a spike. I spotted him bedded down around 10:30. Once I determined he was a spike I kept hiking. I wanted to check out this north facing hill. I figured Bucks would be bedded down on that side of the hill in the shade. I was right I saw two great bucks but both of them were running away from me. I kicked them up out of their beds. I was walking pretty slow and quietly but not quiet enough. Next time I will be doing still hunting and taking 30 second breaks in between steps and observing and listening. If I had been doing that I would probably have been able to kill one of those bucks. It was a really good learning hunt for me and I can't wait to get out again!

Not bad for one day. Take your time. D-14 is holding a lot of Deer this year. you'll get'em next time

Back