Another new hunter...

Imbigdave

Mar 10, 2017
San Diego
Hi all,

I started off waterfowl hunting new years weekend 2017. Hunted some down by the Sea and at Henshaw and up at Mendota. Looking to expand into Turkey, small game and deer as the seasons open and time permits.

Good hunting to you all.

Dave,

Welcome to SCH......How was Mendota?......Any pix of your waterfowling exploits?

ps.....Since you hunted Henshaw, you probably saw or heard turkeys.....Good place to start.

Mendota was okay we waited in the sweat line and there were 2 groups where we were going to start. Bunch of sky busters. But we shot 4 greenwing and a drake spoonie. Last time at Henshaw i heard 1 gobble. Never saw him.

.20170126_140625.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Brian1183
Hi all,

I started off waterfowl hunting new years weekend 2017. Hunted some down by the Sea and at Henshaw and up at Mendota. Looking to expand into Turkey, small game and deer as the seasons open and time permits.

Good hunting to you all.
Welcome to the obsession. Kill it, take pics, grill it, take more pics, post pics, repeat.

Reactions: Sigalert2012

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu