Any Coyote Hunter in or near Ventura

Ed Hunt

Mar 12, 2016
Hi everyone,

I am just starting in the sport of hunting. Never done this before but looking to meet someone that can help me get started. I just got my hunting license. I have a .338 Lapua Mag HS Precision rifle, super accurate. I love long range shooting, even though I know this may not be the best caliber for coyote hunting. I am looking to buy a GA Precision rifle, specifically the GAP-10 G2, but not sure what is a best caliber option for it. Any recommendations are more than welcome, and if someone is willing to coach a rookie, I am here for it. Thanks.

Welcome to the site, nothing wrong with a 338 for coyotes :)

Here is where I talk you out of the ar10 pattern gun for hunting. They are just clunky and to big to use. Even a ar15 is a pain next to a purpose built hunting gun. I go out of my way to try and find long range shots with 6mm woa ar15, 95% of my shots are under 100 yards. So any benefit of having a 308 goes away and the lighter guns Wil get you more kills.

Check out the long range forum and NBK's 6.5rsaum

I do well with my AR but I just picked up a Remington 700 in 22-250

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2d7697dcab4ccbeb4fe76f8903e917ae.jpg

Hi Ed,

Welcome to the forum. I am also in Ventura and anytime you want to go shoot let me know. Sound like you have more invested in guns that I do in my truck but I am always wanting to push my limits with the guns I own. I am looking for coyote hunting partners as well so let me know when you would like to go. Best

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Nice to know that there is someone else in Ventura to go hunting. You can reach me at 787-608-0021. It will be great to go hunting.

Hi Andrew, I am planning on going hunting next weekend. Let me know if you are interested.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu