Any of you guys on the site a CFI or a private pilot

Aeon

just a dude who duck hunts
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Going down the huge rabbit hole of learning to fly. Any members pilots or even better a CFI?

i am addicted to the vidoes of guys flying cubs and other stol aircraft. I want one before i move to az

That’s awesome you will really enjoy it. I am definitely not a pilot but I know a few guys that are. Lots of cockpit time to get certified.

Get your helicopter license so we can access landlocked public!

watch the vidoes , they land in under 100 feet all the time. think of the land locked places we could drop into!

Bill you watch any of Trent palmers kit fox videos?

I have looked in to it and never pulled the trigger. We should talk.

Came just short of CFI back in the late eighties (private , commercial , instrument then onto hours to get a CfI, I know and have walked that walk. Even went to Alaska for a few months and came to the conclusion that it was more of a risk than I wanted. My father was a naval aviator and flew ww 2, the Korean conflict and squardron commander during the Viet Nam era and encouraged me to go that way but I did not, even though I liked driving race cars fast. (formula ford's and formula super vee and little bit of work in formula atlantic thinking I could make a living doing so and gave that up in the end because of the finances involved. Something about dieing from a long fall from the sky just did not work for me. Put me in car on the ground and I am good to go.

I’m looking for a CFI as well. I have an airplane hangared, and awaiting annual. I have an A&P lined up for that as well.

I have a lot of hours flying, but only a few under an instructor.

I’m looking for a CFI as well. I have an airplane hangared, and awaiting annual. I have an A&P lined up for that as well.

I have a lot of hours flying, but only a few under an instructor.
ohhhh how much hangar space do you have?

Unfortunately, not much. It’s a single aircraft hangar that is also serving as a storage unit.

Good Wednesday morning, I am not a CFI, but I am an IFR, Multi Engine Commercial and IFR private pilot with tailwheel endorsement. Personally I prefer the Piper Super Cruiser, restored a 1947 and got a stc to replace the original 95hp with a Lycoming 150hp, moved the battery to the back so I can solo from the front seat. I have tundra tires and can land off field. Low and slow, it's great for spotting.

We have a Cessna 175 (1961). The original Continental with a gear reduction has been replaced with a Lycoming 180 and a variable pitch prop. Other than radios, and the engine it’s pretty much original.
now we are talking my kind of lingo, my gears are probably in your gears box.

I am obsessed with STOL flying. I come from a long line of pilots and its always been on my bucket list. Now that I'm furloughed I was seriously considering doing an online ground school to pass the time then start lessons once I'm back to work.

I would love to for that! Has anyone seen the video on Draco, the Polish Wilga? That thing is an ugly BEAST!

It died, mike piled it up on a cross wind take off. Draco 2 is already in the works

Back