Anybody shoot G20sf?

MJB

Nov 20, 2012
San Diego
Looking to see if anybody has one and how they like it pros vs cons......I want a 10mm for game retrieval I have had some close calls in the past......damn bears sure like pigs.......want a good open sight so I can use it for hunting too.....it will also get a laser too for walking out with dinner on my back in the dark.

I like the light weight, durability, accuracy & price of the Glock.....I was looking at the Dan Wesson 10mm but it's too nice for my hunting style and close to 2k ouch!

total hijack here.. but

i freaking love my xds 45. its tiny packs a punch, you can use the +p ammo and it makes a good ccw gun. The thing looks like a baby 9mm its so small. you almost do not notice it on your hip

sorry back to the g20sf. ( i called crocket and left a message )

lol like you can hit something with a hand gun at 26 yards...just saying

my buddy has a glock 20 and he loves it!!!!! the ammo is pretty costly since its not a very popular round..... but the thing is sooooo fun to shoot it just feels like your tossing rocks unfortunately i can't hunt a darn thing with it... glocks are to big for my hand and the grip angle throws my sight alignment off but other wise super fun gun to shot, very heavy recoil but very controllable since its not so snappy like i said its like tossing rocks !!!! awesome gun

The G20 SF is a great gun Mark. And for what you are using it for, it will work for you. Keep in mind though, a lighter 5 shot revolver (Ruger LCR) in .357 might be a better option regarding weight. And with 180 grain bullet, the .357 has more energy. Just a fact.

Either way will work. The G20 SF rocks...

I haven't looked at tha balistics in awhile but the last time I looked the 10 loaded in its designed bullets wt. and volocity is closer to a light loaded 44 or 41.......I want an auto so looking at the 20 vs 29 vs SF glock or another manufacture that's not 2k

Just held all three

G20 too big for my hand
G29 too small

G20sf perfect......looks like it's going to be my first glock!

Is there a safety thing with Glocks that you need to take extra precautions to clear the chamber? Just asking... I've seen a couple experienced guys over the years who shot themselves with Glocks because they failed to clear them properly.

Point it in a safe direction, remove the mag, manually cycle the slide a few times, look into the chamber to verify the gun is cleared, dry fire (in a safe direction) to confirm the gun is safe. Pretty standard stuff if I'm not mistaken.

My choice of side arm when I'm given a choice is a 1911. That said I've been issued clocks and Springfield xds. A gun is a Gun like said above Clear it properly and double, triple check. It's not rocket Science but it is life or death. 1911's fit my hand better. I have shot a lot of xd's. My next personal purchase will be a small frame glock with a 4" in 45acp. I'm a 45 man. Short if a really really big brown bear in Alaska I'm pretty safe carrying that as a hunting side arm. I'm also very used to drawing and shooting fast and on target so practice a lot with what ever you get. 10 45s or10mm in rapid sucesion will drop just about anything.

The op was asking about a glock. I gave my 2c. If we are talking a hunting personal protection round lets go with a 454 or better yet the 480 revolvers but the question was about glocks and autos

I do carry a 1911 when hunting in the field so it does relate to hunting.

GSPman said:
That said I've been issued cocks and Springfield xds.

GSPman - They are referring to the above portion of your thread. You may want to incorporate a proof read of your posts in the future. ;)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu