Anybody use a compass?

asrcpp223

Mar 2, 2015
Was brushing up on some orienteering and all i have is an old simple one I had from the scouts.

If you do which one would you recommend?

I'm old school. Still go nowhere off road without an old fashioned compass in my pack, and I was a die-hard USGS topo map fan till they started putting out junk... But that's another rant. Du unto makes a wide variety of floating needle compasses, all useful and reliable. Here's a good link on features to consider:
http://m.rei.com/learn/expert-advice/compass.html

Yeah was looking for a good one with that mirror feature. I have
onxhunt and all that, just dont wanna rely on phone/tablet power. Tried field testing it out in mojave just target shooting, still need to get used to it.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu