Anyone do a European Mount?

Gnordby

Feb 25, 2020
Looking at doing a Europen mount from my last years deer. Anyone do one or have information on doing one? I've seen the two methods of boiling or burying... Which is best for SoCal conditions? Thanks for any who respond...!!

I boiled mine, and added a bit of dawn to water to degrease... but make sure its not too hot because the nose bones will break. As for whitening I went to our local beauty supply and got this stuff.
I'm sure nowadays they sell a better kit. Also, I might of done it all wrong but it worked for me... just research it and maybe a few of the guys will have better info. Good Luck. Post up the kill pics.

Attachments

• g.jpg
    g.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: Gnordby
I do my own euros. Deer are pretty easy just pick all the meat you can then simmer. Do not boil a low simmer is what you want boiling causes a trouble in my experience.
keep simmering then pull it out and I spray it with an electric power washer then repeat. Once you get all the meat cleared I like just painting on that slain bleach above.
If it’s a tough skull I will soak it at 108deg for a week with a horse water warmer set up.
definitely recommend removing the brain before you simmer.

I do my own euros. Deer are pretty easy just pick all the meat you can then simmer. Do not boil a low simmer is what you want boiling causes a trouble in my experience.
keep simmering then pull it out and I spray it with an electric power washer then repeat. Once you get all the meat cleared I like just painting on that slain bleach above.
If it’s a tough skull I will soak it at 108deg for a week with a horse water warmer set up.
definitely recommend removing the brain before you simmer.

Lol pretty much what I do. Electric power washer does wonders. My last buck didn't even need to put bleach.

Found some giant ant hills in the mountains of Idaho..heard some guys leave their skulls on the ant hills and come back to them all cleaned up after some time..

I had a guy do mine. He uses the boil method and then that bleach stuff. Turned out great.

RYZwcx.jpg

I've done the boiling and recently did a coyote skull via the burying it method.. Burying it gave the skull some brown color that was tough to get out (and since it was a coyote it was not a priority to get it perfect).. I'd do the simmer method personally, it's a bit of work here and there but it turns out really good

Reactions: Gnordby
I've done the boiling and recently did a coyote skull via the burying it method.. Burying it gave the skull some brown color that was tough to get out (and since it was a coyote it was not a priority to get it perfect).. I'd do the simmer method personally, it's a bit of work here and there but it turns out really good
Thanks for the details... Exactly what I was hoping to glen from this post.

Meat eating beatles is the way to go, use an old freezer, drill a couple holes, use a old Vacuum, some charcoal and you are in business.
I have been looking at doing this for years, I still have that 350 hog head in my garage freezer.
1632273272527.png
Check it out 20 bucks sure will get the Mind running.

Meat eating beatles is the way to go, use an old freezer, drill a couple holes, use a old Vacuum, some charcoal and you are in business.
I have been looking at doing this for years, I still have that 350 hog head in my garage freezer.
View attachment 51009
Check it out 20 bucks sure will get the Mind running.
What is the vacuum and charcoal for? Ed F

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu