Anyone else have this problem?

Is That A Duck

I got my first duck hunting season under my belt this year. I got three hunts in total and got 3 birds over the first 2 hunts, but ended my last hunt of the season with limits. I am now absolutely hooked. My problem now is that whenever I see a goddam bird my head turns on a swivel and my eyes automatically lock in just to see if it is a duck. Is this normal?

I got my first duck hunting season under my belt this year. I got three hunts in total and got 3 birds over the first 2 hunts, but ended my last hunt of the season with limits. I am now absolutely hooked. My problem now is that whenever I see a goddam bird my head turns on a swivel and my eyes automatically lock in just to see if it is a duck. Is this normal?

I’m on the same boat. 1st year hunting ducks and went on 3 hunts. It’s a problem when I’m driving and see ducks I just keep staring at them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes that's normal, we get mallards nesting in our neighborhood this time of year, whenever I hear their wings whistling overhead, I automatically look up to see where they're at and get excited briefly until I remember I'm not in a duck blind! Whenever we drive by a body of water, I look for ducks on the water or in the air. One time I was playing golf and there was at least one hundred shovelers on the lake, it was tough staying focused!

50+ years since I got hooked on waterfowling...And to this day, I look skyward for ducks and geese...lol

ps...Just last Sunday, while bass fishing...A flight of ringnecks & bluebills came whistling in...Too cool!!!!

You should see all the wigeon at the park near the house, your head will spin right off. TA HE HE!!!

Back