Anyone ever hunted Grizzly Ranch?

H2oFowler

Sep 13, 2023
Got drawn as alternate for opener, winner couldn't make it.

It's a boat into blinds, but was curious as to just how deep the water is, I don't like to swim.

Never hunted the Grizzly area, besides cleaning my shotgun after, any advice would be appreciated.

I guess CWA even provides decoys, might bring a pulsator just for fun.

Thanks felllas

It’s a great place. Boat in is awesome. The boat channels are deep enough for boats to go down. The ponds you hunt are walkable and not deep.

Have fun if you get in

Reactions: H2oFowler
It’s a great place. Boat in is awesome. The boat channels are deep enough for boats to go down. The ponds you hunt are walkable and not deep.

Have fun if you get in
Yea a buddy and I took the spot. Hope we see some birds!

Thanks for the reply!

Last edited:
It was ok, the weather was great for duck hunting. Before the draw the hunt coordinator had circled the best three blinds on a dry erase board, which I thought was kinda lame because you could find the blind averages online, which we did. We were #5 but it was a # draw with chips and we were second to last to choose. The boat in was really cool, and they included a spotlight and bug spray, the wind held mosquitos to a minimum.

CWA had brushed the blind with some weird very red brush with little annoying seed pods. Honestly it stood out like a sore thumb. While my buddy hid the boat and set decoys I did my best to brush it up. Upon taking the lid off the blind it was crawling with mature female black widows, over a dozen that we smashed with satisfying pops, lol. On the way in we heard a lot of big ducks. I decided I'd wait the first hour before I started just shooting ducks, hindsight I should of just focused on the teal. I took a shot at a sprig, and connected, started to fall, then just sailed, over the slough.

I ended up shooting 4 birds, two spoons and a pair of teal. My buddy got a very nice drake mallard. But the blind material was really flaring birds.I wish I'd of taken a pic of it on the way out.

But overall it was fun, great to get out.

Attachments

• SHOT0004.MP4
    27.4 MB
Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu