Anyone have a coyote guide recommendation?

Tallcooljuan

Mar 2, 2014
I'm new to SoCal. I don't have a lot of time and it seams like it might be cheaper to get a guide once in a while than spend hours and gas figuring out where and how to hunt this area.

Tallcooljuan said:
I'm new to SoCal. I don't have a lot of time and it seams like it might be cheaper to get a guide once in a while than spend hours and gas figuring out where and how to hunt this area.

That's a great idea if you don't want to know your hunting area. Easy in, easy out. Every hunter on this forum has hiked miles upon miles to know the terrain and the tendencies of the animals you're hunting. If you just want to go out and kill something, then yes, a guide would be a great choice. Put the time in... you'll appreciate it in the long run.

Nothing wrong with your idea. Guides are a great way to learn any new hunting area. The only problem you have here is that we have zero guides from LA south that can find their own ass let alone a coyote. All is not lost however!
since you are willing to pay maybe a membership to Tejon
http://hunttejon.com/
There is also My Country Club
http://mycountryclubinc.com/
Another great choice is Neil over at giant sequoia guide service its not exactly in so cal but its not that far to springville
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Giant-Sequoia-Guide-Service/196715303822929

Coyotes are every where you don't really need to scout... I started calling coyotes with a 10$ mouth call. Called 5 in, the first week I had it. It's really not all that hard.. Plus it's funner to learn by yourself in my opinion.

I'll gladly let you guide me on a coyote hunt... pro bono. I'm a pretty good story teller (exaggerator) too...

I'll take you to my spot. My prices start at 250 for a morning hunt (sunrise to 1030 am)

And 550 for a all day yote hunt (sunset to sun down includes a lunch and I'll drive )

Pm me

Code:
8SteelTown said:
I'll gladly let you guide me on a coyote hunt... pro bono. I'm a pretty good story teller (exaggerator) too...

Lol good I suck just throw up Picts

stikbrandon said:
I'll take you to my spot. My prices start at 250 for a morning hunt (sunrise to 1030 am)

And 550 for a all day yote hunt (sunset to sun down includes a lunch and I'll drive )

Pm me

I'd rather strike out than pay for a coyote hunt... but I'll join you for free and bring all the Reese's and Mtn. Dew you can handle!

8SteelTown said:
stikbrandon said:

Pm me

I'd rather strike out than pay for a coyote hunt... but I'll join you for free and bring all the Reese's and Mtn. Dew you can handle!

Deal !!!!!. U know how to contact me

8SteelTown are you and Brian not going now this weekend??????

Toua70 said:
I'm headed northbound this Sunday for coyotes.. First solo hunt since my usual partners are busy

Good luck! Drop a couple!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu