Anyone hunting D14 or D16 this year that is looking for a hunting partner?

DesertHunter

Aug 29, 2012
Orange County
Looking for someone that has some experience in D14 or D16 that is looking for a hunting partner. I have been hunting for 3 years in D15. I have a great friend/hunting partner that has shared a lot of his skills with me (he is not available to hunt as much this year). I have pulled 2 deer so far from D15 in the last 2 years (by rifle). Because of the drought, D15 deer population is extremely low this year (lower than normal low). If anyone is looking for someone to hunt with, know this, I was taught the hunters ethics from the beginning. I abide by them. Even though I have only hunted deer, boar and coyote by rifle, i have a bow and would be interested in hunting with it also.

Hey DesertHunter.
I am always looking for a partner. I am no seasoned big game hunter but have gone out to D16 with a bow a couple times during the AO season this year, found good sign but no deer when I was there. I am planning on returning out there once general season starts up. I am only now getting to learn the lay of D16, mostly CNF, although I had an extremely difficult time last time while I was up there finding access to huntable land with all the private property. If your planning on going out again just PM me. All my buddies are too lazy to get a license so I am usually hunting solo in SoCal.

D14 deer population is low this year also. What type of hunting are you looking to do? Spot & stalk, blind or tree-stand?

mixture of both spot and stock and glassing high on a ridge. Most of the terrain in D15 is steep. Most shots are somewhat long. One of mine was 304 Yards the other was 224 Yards. As you can see, I haven't been that close to the deer. The longer one was originally 450 yards away deep in a valley. I shortened the shot to 304 yards. Second. I was glassing on side of a hill when deer popped out.

The pigs I have gotten were from roading.

Coyotes are from electronic callers.

I started this thread a bit naïve so it turns out I made a mistake. I made an assumption that I could trade my D15 tag in for a D14 or D16 tags. An hour ago, I got on DFG website and found there are no tags available. Sound like I'm stuck with my D15 tag that I can also use in D11 and D13

DesertHunter said:
mixture of both spot and stock and glassing high on a ridge. Most of the terrain in D15 is steep. Most shots are somewhat long. One of mine was 304 Yards the other was 224 Yards. As you can see, I haven't been that close to the deer. The longer one was originally 450 yards away deep in a valley. I shortened the shot to 304 yards. Second. I was glassing on side of a hill when deer popped out.

The pigs I have gotten were from roading.

Coyotes are from electronic callers.

I started this thread a bit naïve so it turns out I made a mistake. I made an assumption that I could trade my D15 tag in for a D14 or D16 tags. An hour ago, I got on DFG website and found there are no tags available. Sound like I'm stuck with my D15 tag that I can also use in D11 and D13

Just moved to CA and bought house n Corona. From NJ where I did a lot of white tail hunting. Just got back from an NM elk hunt in early September...

Any how, still have the bug and bought an AO tag and might buy a D15 tag. Would be great to catch up at some point this season. Let me know if your up to meet. Appreciate it and good luck!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu