Applications Opening Soon for Quail Hunts in San Diego County

SCH1

Like us on Facebook!
SCH1 submitted a new article

Applications Opening Soon for Quail Hunts in San Diego County

zzzCADFGquail.jpg

August 30, 2016

The California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) is now accepting applications for two quail hunts in San...
Continue reading the FULL ARTICLE

Stupid question: why do u need to apply for these specific quail hunts? Is this unit of SFVWA not usually open or something? Just curious, I must be missing something.

They are trying to create a controlled hunt. This will allow for a higher quality hunt due to the limited access. I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing as it is open to all to apply.

I have been to this Oak Grove Unit of San Felipe WA....More quail at San Felipe WA on S-2 and it's open everyday during quail season.....Special dove hunts too. Of which, there's very few of them as well.

I do agree that DFW has the right idea on some these smaller units.

Gotcha. I was just confused, thinking why couldn't anyone just show up and hunt it without applying, if the WA were open anyway. Makes sense.

Sad part is when this was being farmed by Ag Empire, there were lots of dove, quail, deer, and even turkeys (ponds on the prop too)......Since DFW took it over, they've let it go back to natural habitat.....Maybe, it's gotten better in the last year.....;)

Sad part is when this was being farmed by Ag Empire, there were lots of dove, quail, deer, and even turkeys (ponds on the prop too)......Since DFW took it over, they've let it go back to natural habitat.....Maybe, it's gotten better in the last year.....;)

I was just going to ask you Steve if there is still a water source...I remember that pond.

Back