Archery practice Ventura County

Lamb

Mar 17, 2024
Gday,

New to the forum. Recently moved to Ventura county. I am looking for advice on where I can shoot my bow in and around ventura. Conejo Valley club looks great but it is over an hour drive from me and I was told the range at Bullocks is 40 yards. Is there any public land or another range around Ventura that I can shoot out to 60 or 70?

 Cheers

That was my plan. I just dont see much blm close. Wondering if there was somewhere else people use.

you can get good practice in your garage shooting 5 yards, just work on your dynamics. I am fortunate enough to shoot out to 80 yards at my house. I have also been hitting the local 3D shoots here in San Diego and those are a lot of fun, I'm sure you could find some up your way.

I was up there a few years ago working on a jail, there used to be access to the river east of Santa Pala where you could shoot a bow, we shot 22’s there with no problems

@sherpa Thanks, that's super helpful, appreciate it I'll look the river up. @Jawbreaker thanks, you're right ill get to as many 3d shoots as I can, wish I had your backyard.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu