Arizona bear

BOWUNTR

Nov 3, 2011
The 101st reason I'm glad I moved to Arizona... They have a spring bear season. Ed F

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 61
Sweet Jesus...what a tank....can i come next year...I'm buying..and I'm close!!

Way to go Ed. I would love a little background story on that monster. It looks like you are on a hill and that tree caught the bear from a long tumble? Also are you gong to Taxidermy it? What are you thinking you are going to do I would love to see the process or timeline from shot, skinning, fleshing, tanning, all the way up to laying in front of your fireplace etc.

thats a BRUISER and looks like some beautiful country. I am falling in love with that state more and more everyday. Glad to be moving there in the next year.

Truduct said:
Way to go Ed. I would love a little background story on that monster. It looks like you are on a hill and that tree caught the bear from a long tumble? Also are you gong to Taxidermy it? What are you thinking you are going to do I would love to see the process or timeline from shot, skinning, fleshing, tanning, all the way up to laying in front of your fireplace etc.

When I shot him he ran up the side of the hill, laid down on the up side of that tree, let out a couple deep breaths and died. The tree kept him from rolling to the bottom. I took advantage of the photo op and hiked back to the truck for the camera and tripod. He only went 80 yards and died within sight. Ed F

Probably gonna do a life size and clean the skull. Ed F

Attachments

• 20160516_140712.jpg
    20160516_140712.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 29

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu