Arizona deer hunt

sherpa

Tag soup for my 2018 tag. Started sat and saw 21 deer total. I was glassing a nice 3 pointer and a spike and a doe at about 600 yards for at least an hour, when a group of 6 does came running Through the 3 deer, collected them and started running towards me I picked them up when they got closer there was more deer with them. Where they came from I don’t know, by the time they got to me there were 21 deer in the bunch, the 3 pointer, the spike and a real nice 4 pointer all moving fast with in 98 yards but keep going saw 10 more does that night. Sun went back to the same canyon and saw 21 does and no bucks scouting other places that evening saw 10 more does went out this AM and saw a total of 4 deer, wind blowing real bad. Rain and snow predicted for tonight, temp in the AM has been around 22 deg. One of the guys that live here said that he saw a big 4 point right off the main highway and went up in an area full of houses. New tag tomorrow and new area hopefully better news tomorrow

Woke up to 6” of snow on he ground where we went to hunt spent all mouring glassing, to snowy to try a sneak. Stoped counting deer @ about 65 so we saw at least 80 or more. 15 or so bucks with 2 monsters hunters should thin out tomorrow and conditions should improve

Back