Arizona Javelina worked us. For the 2nd time

Sdbirds

You can't kill it from your couch.
Jul 9, 2012
El Cajon
The night stalker Peter, sharp shooter Drew, The athlete Brock and big pimpin myself decided we would go on a Javelina hunt and show Arizona our skills. Day one started they left in the car and went to check out some zones and I stuck around camp with the bow and did a pretty big loop. In this loop I bumped into a group of Kudamundi about 20 And a Javelinas butt at 10 feet. Peter saw a big muley. They also found some zones loaded with Javelina sign.

Day two we walked and walked and walked and walked and walked and walked we saw mule deer that day. I should mention that we glassed in glass and glass and glass also Not much else happened besides Brock tagged every cactus out there

The third day we only had a half day to look at a new zone that had sign also more mule deer. Drew kicked up a Javelina. no shot was given

Really we had a good time also I would like to go back and try to tag a couse deer

Oh yeah I shot a coyote through the ears perfectly

Ohhhhh yeah again. Peter got tagged by a cactus from a car

Let's do it again boys

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    898.7 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    946.5 KB · Views: 45
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 49
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 47
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 48
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 48
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 50
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    175 KB · Views: 41
Great weekend. I hiked about 45 miles looking for a stink pig. I am determined to get one. I think a big factor was how hot it was down there, the animals were bedding down early since it was about 85 deg. I was hoping for day time temps in the 60's but it turns out I cant control the weather. I can say this we didn't come home empty handed because of a lack of effort. I learned a lot about Javelina when we were down there and we definitely were in the right spots. We just didn't get it done. That's whey they call it hunting not killing.

One thing for sure is that every plant and animal in the desert it pissed off. Every bush has thorns and cactus is everywhere. My legs look like someone stabbed me with a a bunch of needles. I have a lot more respect for the game that lives in that area.

The night stalker had a great time :). Wish we would have got one but hopefully next time. Great shot on the coyote by the way. Big pimpin and I were walking over a ridge and talking on the radio and all I hear is COYOTE! and the radio cuts out. Then two seconds later I hear a shot go off and he nailed it running out of a canyon at 160 yrds. Definitely down to do a coues deer hut with these guys.

I had two at 20 yards but no tag this January. Funny litter critters to just observe them going about their day .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went out there a few weeks ago and got a good one!My second time hunting in AZ. I really like it over there. Next year I'm doing the January OTC archery deer hunt.
Sucks you guys didn't get one, but that's a cool lookin yote!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu