AZ Non-Resident Cap Loophole

As long as you do live in Yuma.... taxes, drivers license, vehicle registration.... They've prosecuted guys who claimed residency but were primarily living somewhere else. First thing I did was buy a lifetime license... I have one in California as well. Ed F
^^^^All this^^^^ I know 2 guys that tried to get away with it. They lost their hunting privileges in 47 states, not sure if it was for 5 years or 7 years. They will catch you electronically. The states share info.

^^^^All this^^^^ I know 2 guys that tried to get away with it. They lost their hunting privileges in 47 states, not sure if it was for 5 years or 7 years. They will catch you electronically. The states share info.
Pretty sure I know of the same guys or at least similar story. I think it was the CA plates and Drivers licenses that did them in. Owning a place at the river doesn’t qualify you to be a resident in the big game draw.
If you are gonna do it make sure you really are there for 6 months because it’s not worth it otherwise.
Side note if my kids go to college in another western state I will make sure a lifetime license is purchased especially if it’s AZ.

Wow that's a steep penalty, and I recently read on GoHunt about a guy in Kansas who got a 5 year suspension for poaching 60 deer

Anyway not trying to game the system here, might be worth a legit relocation for 6 months for the great deal!

What was not mentioned is that you will still have to pay non-resident fees for all stamps, permits and tags. Not to mention State income tax for 2 states in the year you do it. It's not like CA, tags are not all that easy to get especially for elk and pronghorn.

Back