Back pack choice

HuntFSD

May 9, 2022
Willing to spend about 2 to 300 bucks for a good back pack. I have a 5.11 rush 12 and it was tough stuffing 2 hind legs of a buck, so I like some recommendations from the community.

Eberlestock. Mystery ranch, Kuiu, and many others. So many good good packs out there. Just gotta find the style that works for you. I'm partial to Eberlestock but that does not mean they are what you want or need or is the best choice for you.

Eberlestock. Mystery ranch, Kuiu, and many others. So many good good packs out there. Just gotta find the style that works for you. I'm partial to Eberlestock but that does not mean they are what you want or need or is the best choice for you.
I was looking at the kuiu divid 3000, but any specific that eberlestock offers that you like?

if you are looking for a pack to haul meat. You need a pack that is separate from the frame. That way your pack is still a pack, but you can put the meat in between the Pac and the frame to haul it out.
IMG_9637.jpeg
IMG_1416.jpeg
Kifaru, Stone Glacier, Exo, Kuiu. Would be packs that separate from the frame with meat shelves.

Look into this pack. Its been solid for me. Expands from 2500 cu. in to 4000 cu. in. Great cushion on the back and lots of space. Has a bow or rifle sling and a rain fly. I haven't got to load it up with meat but I feel it would handle great. Also check out Camofire.com for daily deals. I got my first Apls day pack for $50.

Look into this pack. Its been solid for me. Expands from 2500 cu. in to 4000 cu. in. Great cushion on the back and lots of space. Has a bow or rifle sling and a rain fly. I haven't got to load it up with meat but I feel it would handle great. Also check out Camofire.com for daily deals. I got my first Apls day pack for $50.
Looks solid for 250 dollars

Exo mountain gear all the way if you can swing it. Either a used K2, new K3/K4. Best pack I’ve owned.

Reactions: TRICER
I run mystery ranch and can haul out a whole deer if I had to, we usually split it up between a couple guys if possible. I have a sawtooth and just picked up a beartooth. here’s the sawtooth with a Whole deer my son packed out

IMG_1767.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I run mystery ranch and can haul out a whole deer if I had to, we usually split it up between a couple guys if possible. I have a sawtooth and just picked up a beartooth. here’s the sawtooth with a Whole deer my son packed out
I'll check it out

I got two Eberlestock and two Mystery Ranch. Just got the EMods set up from Eberlestock before I went to Wyoming. Bought both the 2500 and 5000 bags to zip on Oles a set of bat wings. When I went elk hunting on a deep extended hunt used tge 5000 with bat wings, left the 5000 bag in camp and rolled around with the wings on for a day pack. Run just the 2500 if it’s a short trip. Been using it rock climbing too lately to pack in ropes and kit.
Nothing against the MR. Just like the modularity with the EMOD set up. My kids will have plenty of packs to hunt with .

I just got the Mystery Pintler and handed off my old one to Man Child. I love these packs they really pack out meat nice.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu