Back Straps & Leg Meat

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Rabbit that is........... ;D

I know longer gut rabbits.....Cut the 2 back straps out and cut as much leg meat as possible.....Very clean.

Uncle Buck's beer batter, veggies, lemon, and tomato with Caesar dressing.....Also, deep frying like this makes the meat very tender.

Dang that was good!

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    200.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    520.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    397.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    523.6 KB · Views: 32
And a hef to chase it down?! Man after my own heart! Can't wait for the opener this year. Have a spot staked out that I saw at least 50 rabbits in during a drive through. Just hope the weather stays mild and the critters stay off the bunnies. I like your style of just getting the viable meat. No need to gut / field dress.

I will try non-gutting too a great idea that I had not thought of. Deep fried anything is good must be time for me to go to the fair and see what they are deep frying!

msailor said:
I will try non-gutting too a great idea that I had not thought of. Deep fried anything is good must be time for me to go to the fair and see what they are deep frying!

Amen brotha!.......The fair is the deep fried capital....... :D

ps......Deep fried pickles at Hooters is the bomb.............................. ;D

I heard something about this year's fair gimmick food being a deep fried Slimfast bar? And yes Steve those fried pickles are bomb! Also recommend the fried pickles at Alpine Beer Co, they wash down nicely with a cold Willie Nelson!

that looks really good steve, I might harvest a few rabbits this coming season. when does it start July 1st?

Yep Richard..............July 1st............ ;D

Attachments

• wister-mcc 7-19-11 004.JPG
    wister-mcc 7-19-11 004.JPG
    660.9 KB · Views: 19
looks like ima have to try out the cotton tail fried this way this year.. Cause it sure looks good. thanks for sharing.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu