Back to saw bones.

I will be joining you in about a week. Having total knee replacement done. Gave up the late season goose so I could get done in order to watch my grandkids play baseball. Nothing better than watching them. Gonna be hard getting to the field but I will make it

All the best, Mike....................... :blush:

Reactions: slinky_70
I will be joining you in about a week. Having total knee replacement done. Gave up the late season goose so I could get done in order to watch my grandkids play baseball. Nothing better than watching them. Gonna be hard getting to the field but I will make it
Here's to hoping we both have fast and relatively pain free recovery.

Here's to hoping we both have fast and relatively pain free recovery.
I am anticipating it to be moderately pain free. My wife had hers done 2 years ago and it went fairly easy. I am hoping I will be fairly mobile in about a week that is when my grandkids games start. If not gonna see if the league will drive me out on their golf cart

It seems like I'm just over hip replacement surgery, last April 28. Now I'm going back to get a new left knee. I was putting off knee replacement , until I tore my ACL, which is more bothersome, so now I'm getting a two for one surgery this coming Thursday, the 9th. Not really looking forward to this one. It's really amazing how everyone is saying, no problem just get it done, and my response is, that's easy for you to say being it's me having the surgery. I had to cancel two three days fishing trips out of San Diego.

Good luck.

It's been eleven days since total knee replacement. I have really been pushing therapy and it's paid off. Very little pain since day after surgery, never a need pain meds. The swelling had me a little concerned , but PT said it was bad but nothing to be concerned about, he had seen far worse. I have, as of Saturday shed walker, and now using cane. Hell I might just sign up to have other knee done as soon as I am fully recovered from this one. I know it needs to be done.

I wish I could say the same thing. It has been 4 days since my knee replacement and the swelling has been so bad I could not bend my knee. Started out great day after surgery I walked 2 times and was doing exercises and evreything was great. Then Friday evening Saturday morning the swelling stopped everything/ See what the therapist says today

I wish I could say the same thing. It has been 4 days since my knee replacement and the swelling has been so bad I could not bend my knee. Started out great day after surgery I walked 2 times and was doing exercises and evreything was great. Then Friday evening Saturday morning the swelling stopped everything/ See what the therapist says today
Ya, the swelling does limit the movement, and like I said, it was a real concern for me until I talked to PT. It's really more the operation process itself which is causing most of my problem. Just stick with PT once you get it started, it's the answer to getting back to normal.

Edema is most likely the cause of most of your swelling. Wear compression socks, keep the knee above your heart as much as you can, and cool the knee if there is any heat. These 3 things will make a huge difference .

Edema is most likely the cause of most of your swelling. Wear compression socks, keep the knee above your heart as much as you can, and cool the knee if there is any heat. These 3 things will make a huge difference .
I am keeping my leg elevated and sleeping with the bed raised and doing lots of ice. Don't think I could get the compressions socks on but I know they really help

I am keeping my leg elevated and sleeping with the bed raised and doing lots of ice. Don't think I could get the compressions socks on but I know they really help
I'm really surprised they did not send you home with compression socks. The main reason for them is to prevent blood clots from passing., not good. Get them on.

Reactions: bubblehide

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu