and drug halfway under my deck "man this critter must be
monster.A week went by useing chicken wings and peanut-
Butter no luck so i opted for live bait dug some grubs out of
my compost pile and Bamm got him.

Attachments

• 20141003_041040.jpg
    20141003_041040.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 34
Nasty critters.......fun to hunt very tough but carry a lot of diesease like distemper

Hope you have a pool to
Throw the trap in to assist in getting the trap open

too funny sdbirds, just a beach towel over the top open the door and a little foot wedge and he's on the way !

any of you guys make a hat out of one yet? I see track down here in the IV a lot and some road kill once in a while. might have to check when season is open to take one...

The IV is loaded with them........Trapped a bunch along with skunks on Wister.

Attachments

• wister 2010 003.JPG
    wister 2010 003.JPG
    568.6 KB · Views: 23
  • wister 2010 005.JPG
    wister 2010 005.JPG
    784.7 KB · Views: 17
  • wister 2010 007.JPG
    wister 2010 007.JPG
    717.9 KB · Views: 14
SurfNHuntSD said:
Can u hunt them in SDC? I know IV has a season. Gotta check the regs, cuz I don't know anyone that hunts coon here. Heard of guys up in the IE spotlight hunting em at night.

.§464. Raccoon.
•(a) Seasons and Areas: ◦(1) Raccoon may be taken from July 1 through March 31 in the following area: All of Imperial County and those portions of Riverside and San Bernardino counties lying south and east of the following line: Beginning at the intersection of Highway 86 with the north boundary of Imperial County; north along Highway 86 to the intersection with Interstate 10; east along Interstate 10 to its intersection with the Cottonwood Springs Road in Section 9, T6S, R11E, S.B.B.M.; north along the Cottonwood Springs Road and the Mecca Dale Road to Amboy; east along Highway 66 to the intersection with Highway 95; north along Highway 95 to the California-Nevada state line.
◦(2) November 16 through March 31 in the balance of the state.

•(b) Bag and Possession Limit: No limit.
•(c) Method of Take: When taking raccoon after dark, pistols and rifles not larger than .22 caliber rimfire and shotguns using shot no larger than No. BB are the only firearms which may be used during this night period. (This regulation supersedes Sections 4001 and 4002 of the Fish and Game Code.) (See Sections 264 and 264.5 for light regulations.)
•(d) Dogs may be permitted to pursue raccoons in the course of breaking, training or practicing dogs in accordance with the provisions of Section 265 of these regulations.

Sweet! I'm going after some coons sooner than later. I want a hat , I hope Breck has made some before so he can get mine done

ivhunter said:
Sweet! I'm going after some coons sooner than later. I want a hat , I hope Breck has made some before so he can get mine done

Lots to pick from Rick.........................lol

https://www.google.com/search?q=davy+crockett+hat+for+sale&rlz=1T4WQIA_enUS556US556&tbm=isch&imgil=CLOE_a70sKGTGM%253A%253B08y_Vq9Wf329sM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.glacierwear.com%25252Fraccoon-davy-crockett-style-hat.html&source=iu&pf=m&fir=CLOE_a70sKGTGM%253A%252C08y_Vq9Wf329sM%252C_&usg=__zlOTRQ4xKN5YpnIISPkLP9kuiVU%3D

I like this one!

Attachments

• john-wayne.jpg
    john-wayne.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 82
John,

I love John Wayne, but Davy Crockett will always be Fess Parker to me............ ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txcRQedoEyY

You can call them in pretty easy and it does get crazy real quick......in the IV we put an ecaller about 20 yards off the ditches and play a rabbit distress to start then some coon fight sounds and if one's near they come in hot. In January they start mating so a boar fighting sound works like crazy and you can get 3-4 charging the caller

We also road hunt the dogs for coons but you have to be on top of the dogs......those coons will drown a dog or get them stuck in a covert........most likely the tuffest critter to hunt w/dogs very smart and likes to fight!

Those palms off the east Highline hold a few coons

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu