Barnes LRX

Mud Pigeon

Jan 19, 2015
Maybe should have put this on the mammal hunting forum but have any of the LR experts on here had any experience with this bullet vs the regular VOR-TX. I've shot the 130gr VOR-TX (factory ammo) out of my 270 but saw this newer round and thought I might check it out before I get around to getting custom turrets.

I shoot 127g LRX handloads out of my 260 rem. They kill things dead farthest shot was 450 it died in its tracks. From what I understand they just spans better st lower velocities.

Reactions: Mud Pigeon
I shoot 127g LRX handloads out of my 260 rem. They kill things dead farthest shot was 450 it died in its tracks. From what I understand they just spans better st lower velocities.
I think the BC was higher in the 270 compared to the standard Vort-X.

I bought some 140gr TSX to handload for the .270, but haven't got around to it yet. BC of the TTSX 130 is .392. The BC of the TSX (non-tipped) 140 is .404. My Model 70 FW loves the Vortex factory stuff. Hoping the handloads are even better.

Reactions: NBK

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu