Best binoculars for Safari

Pauljma

Hi there!! Can anyone tell me which kind of binoculars i should buy - there are so many kinds but i don't want to spend a fortune but I'm not sure what price range i would be looking at.

Thanks in advance for any help

You kind of left that wide open. Are you going on a hunting Safari or just a sight seeing type? Is this pretty much a one time use, or Are you a big game hunter, and plan on having them for a long time, if so what and where do you hunt? Prices run from cheap up to, damn that's a lot of $$$$. How much would you be interested in spending.?

If it’s a one-time safari then consider renting binos. For example, lensrentals.com (less than $100/week for top of the line). Also check with the safari guide. They may have a rental program.

Ask your guide/ph what magnification he recommends for where your hunting and then buy the best you can afford that fits that criteria.

I love my Celestron Nature DX 8x32, they are fantastic. Easy-twist, adjustable eyecups. Very lightweight model. Wide field of view.
For details you may check this article.
I would say that these Celestron have the vast majority of the top end of the market.

Last edited:
Back