Best turkey camo?

Matt F.

Mar 6, 2013
Any opinions on what is the best style of turkey hunting camo clothing for our local mountains? (Descanso, boulder creek areas) any and all advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Matt F

Well Aeon would say blue jeans and a printed t-shirt! ;D

The best camo is don't friggin move when the bird is close. Personally I don't think it makes much difference. Turkeys have good instincts but are not smart by any means. I have found over the years that movement and eye contact will get you busted more than anything, when the bird is close I don't look at their eyes I look at their feet so as not to make eye contact

Matt F. said:
Any opinions on what is the best style of turkey hunting camo clothing for our local mountains? (Descanso, boulder creek areas) any and all advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Matt F

There isn't a "best" style. Find a camo that blends well with the environment.

Snake Charmer said:
The best camo is don't friggin move when the bird is close. Personally I don't think it makes much difference. Turkeys have good instincts but are not smart by any means. I have found over the years that movement and eye contact will get you busted more than anything, when the bird is close I don't look at their eyes I look at their feet so as not to make eye contact

I always wear sunglasses do you think the reflection of my sunglasses would be worse than making eye contact (that is if I actually do find a turkey)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu