Big cats

KoozeDeer

Jul 18, 2016
Between myself and a few other fellas we have 8 cats on camera this year. 7 still active, there is of course a possibility one of the cats could be photographed on different cameras. A fella down the street caught one last night trying to get into his livestock. Brutal the number of predators running around. :(

I might have told this story already...A couple years back, I got a collared lion on a cam...The lion guru for DFG is a good friend of mine...So, I called him about my cat...Gave him the time and location...He called me back saying, he'd have to get more info and look into it closer, because there were 4 other cats in the same general area with collars...WTF!

ps...Most the cats I get on camera are uncollared... :confused:

collared lion '21.JPG

I might have told this story already...A couple years back, I got a collared lion on a cam...The lion guru for DFG is a good friend of mine...So, I called him about my cat...Gave him the time and location...He called me back saying, he'd have to get more info and look into it closer, because there were 4 other cats in the same general area with collars...WTF!

ps...Most the cats I get on camera are uncollared... :confused:

View attachment 60203
Steve, is it safe to say most cats are collared vs micro chipped? Asking for a friend:)

Lions aren't the problem... wildlife management is the problem... 2 deer tags, rifle hunts during the rut, no hound hunting... Hunting in California is circling the drain. There are more lions per square mile in Arizona, because of good wildlife management. My 2 cents... Ed F

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu