Bino advice

Catalyst

Just passed Hunter education course yesterday and now looking for a set of binoculars. Looking at the Zen Ray Prime, Vortex viper HD, and vortex razor HD binoculars.i have a budget of around $600. I can push it $1000 ish if I want but would only want to if there is a significant jump in quality. I'm leaning toward the Zen Ray prime 10x42. Any comments, opinions or other suggestions are welcome. I plan to use them for hunting deer.

Before I INVESTED in Swaro's, I had Vortex Diamondbacks 10x42's.....Really liked them and the lifetime guarantee is nice.....IMO one of the best glass for the money.....2 cents.

ps....Because they're lighter than my Swaro's 10x42's, I still use them for turkey hunting.

I have Swarovski's and they were worth it for sure, especially in the low light.
I bought my girlfriend zeiss terra 10x42's and they are impressive for the money. But you also can't go wrong with Vortex. I don't own a pair, but my girlfriends dad has the Razor HD's, I wasn't as impressed with them for what they cost. But the vipers and diamond backs are great for the price tag.
You can also check out Maven binoculars, made here in the USA. I heard they are great, I want to get my hands on a pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Vortex Viper HD 10X42 & they are great. You can find them on Amazon for a around $525-575 most of the time. I also have the Talons.

Taft, how does the terra do in low light, glare when glassing in the sun?

MJB said:
Taft, how does the terra do in low light, glare when glassing in the sun?

I haven't had a ton of time looking through them, but they did better then I expected when I tested them in the morning for the low light. They did alright when glassing towards the sun, I would say they perform close to my buddy's viper HD's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up I'm helping a buddy find a good pair $500 range he doesn't like the Vortex brand so those are out he mentioned the Meopta brand. My Minox are now over $ 1400 ouch I bought mine many years ago for half that crazy.

Mark,

Out of curiosity, why would he not like Vortex's?.....I have never heard a bad thing about them....Super clear, lightweight, and good to the touch.

ps....Great customer service too.....I lost one lens cap and called them....In 3 days, I had 2 new ones.

Cant go wrong with the vortex .get a Leupold if you don't like vortex.
MJV, got my Minox during the days of Rancho Loco..$450 and still working. a good german glass for sure.

Steve, he was comparing a scope that had to go back after one shot.....I told him binos and scopes are two different animals not to mention the model makes a bigger difference.........gotta love the 14yr old brain :D

Eric, I took his advice also and bought the same pair but I bought the yards version vs. the meters version and found out I paid 500 with no tax and got a Zeiss lens cleaning kit with it for free.

So, I called CameralandNY and went over the comparison of the glass, the other two models are made in Japan and the Meopro is made in the Zeiss factory in Cz and hands down is the best out of the three.

It looks like he's set thanks for everyone's help.

lol ! i also bought it at camera land NY. mine is the German HG 10X43 BR in silver . cant believe the listing price now.$1,395

Eric pecan said:
lol ! i also bought it at camera land NY. mine is the German HG 10X43 BR in silver . cant believe the listing price now.$1,395

Same here $1400 is crazy......I need to take better care of mine :eek:

If you can swing $1000 do it!! Heck, If you can do $3000 do it. Glass is the best investment you buy as a hunter. Dont scrimp on glass. Vortex, in my opinion is the best glass in your price range. I have a set of Vipers HD and a Razor HD. Both outstanding and the warranty is unmatched.

Back