Bow sight

Muledeerhunter

Nov 5, 2013
Sorry California
Are bow sights the basically the same, or should I look for a particular one (at Bass Pro Shops)? First time with a bow, I plan on practicing so I can go deer hunting with it.

Spot hogg is real good, go to your local archery shop support the little guy, better service and usually free set up with purchase.
Where do you live?

Most bow shops have pricing that is very competitive. If not better in some cases......In fact, when you add in the advice and knowledge you gain from the smaller shop.....It's a no brainer.

Muledeerhunter said:
Thanks. Riverside area. I will look at that sight. (I don't mind shopping at an archery shop, as long as the price is reasonable)
I used think that way too. But the more I got into archery, and bow hunting the more price went out the window. Soon you will see that you got to have, what you gotta have. And quality and performance are all that matter. And the better customer(loyal) you are at the local shop the better the deals you will get.

Invisible man said:
Muledeerhunter said:
Thanks. Riverside area. I will look at that sight. (I don't mind shopping at an archery shop, as long as the price is reasonable)
I used think that way too. But the more I got into archery, and bow hunting the more price went out the window. Soon you will see that you got to have, what you gotta have. And quality and performance are all that matter. And the better customer(loyal) you are at the local shop the better the deals you will get.
this is all great advice, but being loyal to a local bow shop means when you screw up and dry fire or something none of us have ever done ;D you may get to be back shooting that day, with a big box or internet store you may be buying a whole new bow with no help....

CMPeterson said:
Invisible man said:
Muledeerhunter said:
this is all great advice, but being loyal to a local bow shop means when you screw up and dry fire or something none of us have ever done ;D you may get to be back shooting that day, with a big box or internet store you may be buying a whole new bow with no help....
Ive never done that. ::) :-X ::)

Muledeerhunter said:

Try riverside archery they installed my spot hogg 7 deadly pins and i love it!!

Muledeerhunter said:
I dry fired it before I read that was a no no. I looked it over and don't see any cracks or anything like that.
You may be incredibly lucky, but to be safe you should get a professional to look it over before you draw it again. They shouldn't charge you just to look at it and make sure it's safe.

Muledeerhunter said:
I dry fired it before I read that was a no no. I looked it over and don't see any cracks or anything like that.

You need to have a professional look it over. Period

Go to Google images and type in "archery dryfire" or "archery accidents" and you'll see why....

Invisible man said:
CMPeterson said:
Invisible man said:
Muledeerhunter said:
Ive never done that. ::) :-X ::)

I heard the dry fire could be costly,cams, axles, labor all about $160.00 .........aaaahhh thats what i heard!! :-[

Muledeerhunter said:
I had a bow shop look it over -- they said I was a lucky man.

Steveo007 - it is a good thing you only "heard" about stuff like that.
That's great news. I lost a cam, cables and string on a dry fire. Expensive error, but lucky I didn't get hurt. It happens.
http://southerncaliforniahunting.com/huntersforum/index.php?topic=5741
Now I always look down to see the arrow before releasing. Live and learn.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu