Broadheads?

TaftHunter

I hunt a lot
Nov 17, 2012
Taft
Okay archery season opens in 2 weeks, what are you guys shooting?
I'm stuck between montecs and muzzies.. Any suggestions?

Mechanical Gator
Fixed Wacum

Rage is too proud of their stuff. Love em but too pricey.

Still like the muzzy fixed blades too but found Wacums are more accurate for my bow.

I've been using muzzy 125s. Seem to do ok. Trying out mechanicals this year. And dropping to 100 grain. Swackers. Any insights on weights? Heavier or lighter? 100 or 125?

hey guys, big time rookie here... I'm still shooting field tips at targets only. I was able to get out and sight in my 40 and 60 yard pins this past Saturday. So my question is where do I start, what broadheads do I need to purchase? I want to have some for small game and some for yotes & deer.

I used muzzy 125 gr. fixed blade. And this year im trying the rocket broadhead 75gr mechanical.

Sent from my iPhone

The last two years I've used Grim Reaper 100 grain..........2 dead bucks........Spineing then probably helped....... ;)

Attachments

• IMG_4130.JPG
    IMG_4130.JPG
    294 KB · Views: 27
ilovesprig said:
NBK said:
Looks like a tasty buck...

Got to love these local bucks...... ;D

I will go out on the limb and say that the San Diego deer are the best tasting and most tender I have eaten. I really like them!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu