BS LA county

coyotekid87

Aug 16, 2014
D11
LA county is terrible, or it is for me at least. Anyone hunt out here? If so wanna go hit some yotes?

LA County pretty much does suck.......You'll have to learn to drive or your hunting career will be greatly hampered...... :(

Yeah I've been realizing that. I have a cabin in Big Bear and have been thinking of planning some specific hunts out there in the future. Right now my focus is coyote hunting. I just need to find good open desert that are on legal grounds. The coyotes are already everywhere

I saw 4 coyotes off 395 Kern county and Inyo two weeks ago. I grew up in the foot hills of D-11 . LA county dose bite the you know , in that respect ! I go to IV , Inyo , Kern , San Bernardino , Mono counties , They love you there !!!

coyotekid87 said:
LA county is terrible, or it is for me at least. Anyone hunt out here? If so wanna go hit some yotes?
I am no expert on coyote hunting. I saw the most coyotes in my life when I did an anterless deer hunt at Ft. Hunter Liggett. I saw at least 8 coyotes in broad daylight. They are attracted to gunshots because the want to get freebie deer guts or track down a wounded deer. Their should be plenty in the San Gabriel National Forest but I would not go on the week ends way to many people. I have seen a few at the Los Padres National Forest .These coyotes are pretty smart they have heard a lot of coyote calls. On the other hand its a good excuse to scout for D-13 deer which is a tough zone but if one scouts a lot one can find does for the M-11 Muzzleloader Hunt which is a draw hunt but you don't need a whole lot of points.I would suggest camping out and like any Cali hunting you have to get at least one mile from the roads on public land. Cali coyotes are smart decoys and a reall good caller might be in order.
Culver Carp

what is the san gabriel national forrest Ive lived in southern California all my life I've never heard of it? I cant find any information on it online or in print on any maps?

Do you happen to mean the new (stupid) San gabriel national monument? or the angeles national forrest?

one more question then ill shut up
".... like any Cali hunting you have to get at least one mile from the roads on public land"

What? im soooo confused. this may be a recommendation but not a law. ive never heard of such a thing. most of the game ive seen and killed have been within 200 yards from the road. Ive put in many many miles on foot and on back country 44 roads all over the state and many other states. the VAST maority of hunting and killing is WELL within a mile form the road.

GSPman said:
what is the san gabriel national forrest Ive lived in southern California all my life I've

".... like any Cali hunting you have to get at least one mile from the roads on public land"

What? im soooo confused. this may be a recommendation but not a law. ive never heard of such a thing. most of the game ive seen and killed have been within 200 yards from the road. Ive put in many many miles on foot and on back country 44 roads all over the state and many other states. the VAST maority of hunting and killing is WELL within a mile form the road.
Most of the hardcore guys on here like to get away from the crowds. I have always been a mile from a road you can't can drive when filling a tag. I'm unlucky I guess I have the most luck on death march hikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSPman said:
what is the san gabriel national forrest Ive lived in southern California all my life I've never heard of it? I cant find any information on it online or in print on any maps?

Do you happen to mean the new (stupid) San gabriel national monument? or the angeles national forrest?

Just a sugestion not a law.
Culver Carp

coyotekid87 said:
Yeah I've been realizing that. I have a cabin in Big Bear and have been thinking of planning some specific hunts out there in the future. Right now my focus is coyote hunting. I just need to find good open desert that are on legal grounds. The coyotes are already everywhere

If you head up this way give me a holler if you want a hunting partner. I am in Running Springs, not to far off from BB.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu