Buck down last night

TaftHunter

I hunt a lot
Nov 17, 2012
Taft
Opening day of my season and maybe my only weekend up so decided to shoot the first decent buck. Storm rolled in 50 mph winds 20 degrees.. We were about to load camp cause the storm so I decided to hike a little canyon behind the camp site. Ended up getting this forky. null_zps8ed78f07.jpg

null_zpsc38bd587.jpg

null_zps98ae1e16.jpg

null_zpscd0d1ebc.jpg

null_zps4d3158a0.jpg

Ended up seeing over 100 does and fawns 4 spikes and 2 forkies. The spot used to hold lots of trophy bucks but their patterns changed or archery season did real well haha. Either way I'm happy, meat in the freezer now I'm ready for Montana.
Went from 0 snow to all that in 10 minutes..

stikbrandon said:
Dang bud that's sweet

Thanks! I was gonna hold out for a bigger one, but limited time sucks. And the left side differential on the rhino popped out and we didn't know if we would have it fixed and next weekend was our only other chance lol

Congrads Taft, way to go :)

I'll tell you what, you sure wouldn't throw a deer across your shoulders down here in San Diego area.
You'd be full of ticks real fast.

stikbrandon said:
Man Are u done for the year? Or just a zone?
Well done for Cali.. A zone closed last night.. Sucks missing in the last hour of your season. But I will be helping a buddy kill a buck in D-13 so pics will be posted. And I have a deer & elk tag in Montana

Drewski2324 said:
Congrats man! Any luck with D13? It is the closest unit to my house so I take nice hikes with my bow. I have only ever laid eyes one one shooter buck in D13.

I've killed a few out of there. We seen a real dandy buck today

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu