CA results are out

Camo_Man said:
Hey kylemg009 - sorry about the x9b. Have you ever hunted that zone before?

I have not, but my uncle solo'd it last year as his first deer hunt and was successful. He did say it was a painful 4 hr hike back with the deer, but he loves that area. He lives in Bishop. He was successful this year for his X9B tag so I will be driving up one weekend just to join him on his hunt.
It's really rough terrain

Cool! Did he go out in the Bishop area or further south towards Lone Pine? I'm going early with my bow. Was he bow or rifle? I was hoping to go out of Cottonwood Creek South of Lone Pine, but heard from a friend that the locals go out near Bishop. Up in the mountains. Just curious if you have any suggestions? Thanks

Nada for me, will try to pick up a D12 or A22 over the counter when they are on sale which ever is still left. nada on fundraiser tags as well

Got my D12 should be able to hopefully grab a D16 over the counter now. Wish I would have applied g13 first but D12 is what I wanted and is what I got.

sportyg said:
Nada for me, will try to pick up a D12 or A22 over the counter when they are on sale which ever is still left. nada on fundraiser tags as well

D12 is sold out & A-22 is probably real close .......Just guessing.

ilovesprig said:
sportyg said:

D12 is sold out & A-22 is probably real close .......Just guessing.

That makes me feel a lot better putting D12 as my first choice for the draw

Camo_Man said:
Cool! Did he go out in the Bishop area or further south towards Lone Pine? I'm going early with my bow. Was he bow or rifle? I was hoping to go out of Cottonwood Creek South of Lone Pine, but heard from a friend that the locals go out near Bishop. Up in the mountains. Just curious if you have any suggestions? Thanks

He lives in Bishop so I am assuming he went out of that area. He was hunting with a rifle, and from what I remember, he had to make a long shot. He found the buck in a valley, I don't remember much of the details. He has been posting photos the past few days and it seems like there are bucks everywhere up there.

Right on. Not making the BBQ this year. Got a bunch of ish going on that weekend. Going to Chicago for a week the week after and have to get a bunch of stuff done before I go.
[/quote]

Chicago? That's not too far from me. If you got extra time and want to see how the country boys do it 'round here, let me know.

SoCalRebelHunter said:
Right on. Not making the BBQ this year. Got a bunch of ish going on that weekend. Going to Chicago for a week the week after and have to get a bunch of stuff done before I go.

Chicago? That's not too far from me. If you got extra time and want to see how the country boys do it 'round here, let me know.
[/quote]

There's country boys in Chicago?.................... :D

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu